Purpose: To teach the proper leverage, hip
follow through when executing a block.
Execution: The offensive lineman will
align in the
fit position in a two point stance. On the coach's command
the lineman will accelerate his feet. The blocker
continue to drive the defender back until the coach
him the command to roll his hips and press the lineman.
The defender should give full resistance first, then
disengage when coach gives the command.
1. Check for proper technique in fit position.
2. Check to see if the lineman is staying low.
3. Check proper base through out the block.
4. Check to see if the lineman is rolling his
defender stars to fall off or run. (bull &
5. Emphasize on the follow through not to stretch