8 v. 8 To Goal
Two teams playing 8v. 8 in the middle third of the field as marked. The
team in posession of the ball tries to make a pass over the cones to a
teammate that is coming out of the middle third. The passed ball must
proceed the player running in. Defenders can not 'track-back' to defend.
Once in, the attacker can play one on one with the keeper. Play is then
started in the opposite direction with the keeper playing the ball into
the middle third to a teammate.
- Good posession / penetration decisions.
- Playing the ball away from pressure in order to complete a 'good
pass' into the final third.
- Combination play in order to get behind the defense.
- Quality of final service so that it does not go through to the
- Quality pressure on the ball.
- Group effort to 'keep the ball in front of us'
- Good compactness.
Try These Variations
- Shooter must shoot first time, or limit the number of touches he may
- If penetrating ball is a wide ball, another attacker may advance to
receive a cross.
- Allow 2 attackers and one defender in to the final third.