1 v. 1 Attacker Facing Goal
The Game Server passes the ball
to attacker who tries to :
- Dribble under control over the endline for 1 point.
- Pass it through the small cone-goal for 3 points.
If defender wins the ball and dribbles over the opposite line, they get
a point. If the ball goes out of the grid, no points for either player.
Players exchange positions. Keep score to make the game competitive.
- Try to close down the attacker immediately, during the time of flight
of the ball.
- If attacker receives the ball cleanly:
- Do not lunge. Retreat a little slower than the atacker is moving
- Tackle only immediately after the attacker has touched the ball.
- Play the attacker honestly, but make sure to take away the pass into
th goal. This is a 'channeling' motion, but can not be so extreme that
it allows attacker to dribble right by the defender.
Make sure that defender is in a proper stance. Knees bent, leaning
slightly forward. One foot slightly in front of the other.
- Attack with speed.
- Attack the front foot by faking towards the trailing foot, then
exploding in the other direction.
- Approach the defender with short, controlled strides.